Sunday, December 6, 2009

A not so Christmas Carol


The Disney animated version, of "A Christmas Carol," just came to theaters here. I was excited to go because I'm in the holiday mode and love that story. We went to see it a few days ago and when it was our turn to buy tickets we say, "Two tickets for A Christmas Carol." The ticket salesman looks at us and in Turkish says, "You know it's in Turkish, right?" I was pretty disappointed and we decided to come back home and rent another Christmas movie instead. As we were leaving the theater we did notice that the poster (same as below) did have the title in Turkish and it translates to "A New Year Song." Most American movies are shown in English with Turkish subtitles. but I guess since this is animated they can do voice overs simply. I wonder how long it took Jim Carrey to master his Turkish pronunciation? Just kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment